It’s Super Pet Expo weekend time! This weekend, March 27-29, the Super Pet Expo comes back to the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, Va.
As always, there will be education, demonstrations and adoption opportunities along with shopping with more than 150 local and national pet product and service vendors.
The new event this year is an attempt to set a world record for the largest “Doggie Kiss.” Organized by the Super Pet Expo team and NOVADog magazine, this event involves owners kissing their dogs—all at the same time—in the parking lot.
Based on what I’ve seen and experienced going to the show for many years, here are the top five things you need to remember if you go:
- The parking lot doesn’t come close to accommodating a big crowd. Go early, or be prepared to hike.
- If crowds stress out your dog, don’t bring him.
- If your dog can get aggressive with other dogs, don’t bring him.
- If your kids don’t know proper strange dog etiquette, don’t bring them.
- The holidays are just nine months away, it’s never to early to buy the perfect present!
And here’s a bonus piece of advice. Skip the expo center food and go to Willard’s BBQ in the strip mall next door. Best tender meaty ribs, cornbread, mac-and-cheese and other tasty comfort food delights I’ve ever had (well, except for Franklin Barbeque in Austin, Texas, which even President Obama visited recently).
Show hours are Friday 4:00-9:00 pm, Saturday 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, and Sunday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Single-day admission is $13 for adults, $8 for children ages four to 12, and free for kids three and under. An adult weekend pass is $20.00 and child is $10.00. The Dulles Expo Center is at 4368 Chantilly Shopping Center, Chantilly, VA 20153.